New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Verizon is a global communications and technology company receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Verizon has continued to meet its corporate commitment to reducing energy and has promoted ENERGY STAR to associates and consumers. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Saving an average of 4.1 percent energy in its wireless retail stores and 3.1 percent in its wireline stores compared to 2017, equating to a reduction of more than 293 million kilo-British thermal units.
- Earning 108 ENERGY STAR certifications for its retail stores, with a total of 278 certified properties since 2001.
- Investing more than $20 million in energy efficiency upgrades including LED lighting, HVAC, chillers, cooling towers, and economizers.
- Hosting its first internal energy contest with 46 buildings where 70 percent of competitors saved energy and the winner saved 20 percent.
- Participating as a Charter Tenant of the ENERGY STAR Tenant Space program and earning recognition for its building in New York.