New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Verizon is a Dow 30 company with more than $120 billion in 2013 revenues and employs a diverse workforce of 178,500. Verizon is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to cutting its companywide carbon intensity in half by 2020, and for promoting energy efficiency awareness among customers and employees. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Certifying 89 stores in 2014, which fulfilled Verizon’s goal of certifying 100 percent of eligible retail stores at least once.
- Pursuing more than 20 different energy efficiency projects company wide.
- Putting together a truly cross-functional energy team consisting of staff from the following departments: energy and utilities, the Corporate Sustainability Officer, corporate social responsibility, retail, Network, marketing/PR, and branding.
- Adding the ENERGY STAR logo to the online store locator so that any shopper can find the nearest ENERGY STAR certified Verizon Wireless store.
- Serving as a Change the World with ENERGY STAR campaign pledge driver, resulting in avoided emissions of more than 6.7 million pounds of greenhouse gases.