USAA Real Estate Company
San Antonio, Texas
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
USAA Real Estate Company provides co-investment, acquisition, and development services across the United States for corporate and institutional investors. USAA Real Estate Company is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to find new and creative opportunities to improve energy efficiency in its diverse portfolio of high-performing properties. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Continuing to integrate ENERGY STAR tools into its energy management program with the automation of electric, gas, and water data benchmarking in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, which prior to 2014, had been a manual process.
- Participating in EPA’s ENERGY STAR National Building Competition and having two buildings reduce energy consumption by more than 10 percent. USAA engaged stakeholders in the event by using platforms including Twitter, tenant events, emailed newsletters, and giveaways.
- Sharing best practices on tenant engagement in the Occupancy Engagement for Sustainability report as part of the company’s relationship with the Sustainability Roundtable.
- Including ENERGY STAR information on its website and intranet training portal, as well as continually developing awareness of the environmental impact of the energy efficiency in buildings.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification, or having a 1-100 ENERGY STAR score above 75, for 95 percent of its total office buildings.