USAA Real Estate
San Antonio, Texas
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
USAA Real Estate is the real estate investment arm of USAA and provides co-investment asset management services for investors and capital for development projects, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. USAA Real Estate has continued to find new opportunities to improve energy efficiency in its diverse portfolio, while promoting the ENERGY STAR program across the industry. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Reducing weather-normalized energy use intensity by almost three percent from 2017 to 2018, resulting in energy cost savings of over $1.24 million.
- Improving its average ENERGY STAR score from a 79 to an 81, from 2017 to 2018 respectively.
- Continuing to leverage technology, engagement and new best practices to drive better financial and environmental outcomes, including the use of ENERGY STAR tools & resources, ENERGY STAR certification, energy analytics, automated ongoing commissioning, and smart metering.
- Engaging on-site property teams through its My Building Rocks campaign where internal and external teams compete based on energy conservation measures implemented and energy savings realized. Winners are recognized quarterly with internal announcements, a trophy, and a team lunch.
- Investing over $1.4 million in capital and operations projects in 2018, which has led to energy savings of over 3.1 million kilowatt hours, and a return on investment of 30 percent.