USAA Real Estate Company
San Antonio, Texas
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
USAA Real Estate Company provides co-investment, acquisition, and development services across the United States for corporate and institutional investors. USAA Real Estate Company is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to find new and creative opportunities to improve energy efficiency in its diverse portfolio. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking more than 16 million square feet of office space in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® with an average ENERGY STAR Score of 90.2, representing an increase of 1.3 percent from 2016.
- Achieving a cumulative energy reduction of more than 549 billion British thermal units since 2002, representing the equivalent of removing 207 million pounds of carbon dioxide.
- Enhancing branding efforts to promote USAA Real Estate's sustainability accomplishments and partnership with ENERGY STAR, which include a sustainability video published on its corporate website, its annual sustainability report, and through sharing social media content.
- Identifying, implementing, and validating hundreds of efficiency conservation measures in 2017, which reduced energy expenditures by $1.2 million.
- Investing more than $3.8 million in capital projects that have a direct impact to energy efficiency, including mechanical systems, building controls, LED lighting, and building envelope upgrades.