Urban Land Institute
Washington, District of Columbia
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Urban Land Institute (ULI) is a real estate industry group. ULI promoted the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources through its robust network of real estate partners, further driving program participation and best practices in energy management. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Publishing a report written on energy efficiency for Class B and C offices, which promoted benchmarking with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, sharing energy consumption data with tenants, and highlighting ENERGY STAR resources for the Class B and C office market. This was supported by six webinars to national and local audiences to maximize its reach.
- Incorporating ENERGY STAR messaging into many ULI reports including the “Greenprint Volume 11 Performance Report,” the “ULI Blueprint for Green Real Estate” report, and the “Decarbonizing the Built Environment: 10 Principles for Climate Mitigation Policies” report.
- Developing four Tenant Energy Optimization Program resources that support ENERGY STAR programs for Multifamily, New Construction, and the ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition, and holding webinars to promote the content.
- Communicating ENERGY STAR updates to all 40,000+ ULI members across the United States, which includes articles about leveraging ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for benchmarking analysis, and utilizing ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunts for optimized building operations during COVID-19.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR benchmarking, updates, webinars, programs, and announcements to ULI Greenprint members during monthly members-only calls, and via monthly members-only newsletters. This includes content on updates to the ENERGY STAR certification process due to COVID-19, upcoming ENERGY STAR trainings and webinars, and promoting the launch of the ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition.