Urban Land Institute
Washington, District of Columbia
ENERGY STAR Promotion
The Urban Land Institute (ULI) is a real estate industry group. ULI promoted the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources through its robust network of real estate partners, further driving program participation and best practices in energy management. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Coordinating with ENERGY STAR on ULI's Tenant Energy Optimization Program (TEOP), including promotion and content leveraging ENERGY STAR Certification, ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition, using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, and installing ENERGY STAR Certified appliances.
- Incorporating ENERGY STAR highlights and metrics into ULI reports, including the Greenprint Volume 10 Annual Performance Report, the Embedding Sustainability in Transactions Report, the Sustainability in Hotels: Opportunities and Trends Shaping the Future of Hospitality report, and the Washington D.C. Sustainability Advisory Services Panel report.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR tools and resources to ULI Greenprint members through various channels, including its monthly Greenprint members-only newsletter and its monthly members-only Greenprint Performance Committee call. Greenprint members are also encouraged to use ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for energy benchmarking and data sharing/reporting back to ULI.
- Communicating ENERGY STAR updates to more than 40,000 ULI members nationally, including articles about ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager score changes, 2018 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award winners, and social media for Energy Efficiency Day and ENERGY STAR Partner Day.
- Leveraging ULI's conference and event presentations to elevate ENERGY STAR to attendees, as well as promoting ENERGY STAR at several industry trade events including the BOMA International Conference, ULI New York events, the Environmental Leader and Energy Manager conference, the Rocky Mountain Green conference and Greenbuild, among others.