Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc. is manufacturing headquarters for 14 vehicle, engine, and parts plants across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Toyota is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued efforts and industry leadership in industrial energy management. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a five-percent reduction in energy intensity form 2014, during a period of increased production, contributing to over 6,600,000 million British thermal units in energy savings and $640 million in cost savings since 2002.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for four automobile assembly plants.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at three plants.
- Providing support for the first Motor Vehicle Supplier Energy Management Training Camp.
- Sharing best practices through the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Motor Vehicle Sector, the ENERGY STAR Industrial Partnership, and Kentucky Association of Manufacturers.
- Launching new communication efforts to highlight Toyota’s partnership with ENERGY STAR.