Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc. is manufacturing headquarters for 14 vehicle, engine, and parts plants across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Toyota is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued efforts and industry leadership in industrial energy management. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy intensity by one percent per vehicle and water consumption by 10 percent per vehicle compared to the previous year. Total energy savings since 2002 are valued at $580 million.
- Developing a Supply Side Management Strategy with a goal of leveling utility costs for the next seven years.
- Partnering with other automobile manufacturers for an enhanced benchmarking study for powertrain plants. As a result, a draft of the ENERGY STAR powertrain plant energy performance indicator has been produced and is undergoing industry testing.
- Working within local communities to assist governments and school districts to implement energy management best practices. Team members also assisted local schools in conducting Energy Treasure Hunts and improving HVAC operation.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR Motor Vehicle and Aluminum Casting Focuses.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for five Toyota automobile assembly plants and achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at eight of its manufacturing sites.