New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Tishman Speyer is an owner, developer, and operator of real estate. Tishman Speyer has maintained its robust energy management plan across its portfolio and implemented new internal education programs that leverage ENERGY STAR® tools and resources. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 26 properties.
- Benchmarking 100% of its properties in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Incorporating ENERGY STAR into its employee education program including “lunch and learn” sessions on ESG and net zero carbon and its training sessions with Engineering, Property Management, and Asset Management teams.
- Creating a net-zero carbon pathway model that informs the estimated financial and emissions implications of potential capital and operational interventions put forward by its engineering teams, building staff, and various energy consultants across its properties.
- Creating a new Affordable and Workforce Housing strategy, targeting the acquisition, repositioning, and operation of existing affordable and workforce housing properties in supply-constrained neighborhoods. The strategy includes implementing energy and water efficiency measures and installing ENERGY STAR certified appliances.