New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Tishman Speyer is an owner, developer, and operator of real estate. Tishman Speyer has maintained its excellent energy management plan across its portfolio and has implemented new training programs which leverage ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its properties in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Maintaining an engineering and operations focused energy efficiency training program for all building engineering teams, with a goal of developing new efficiency and conservation efforts and better understanding how operational changes can impact ENERGY STAR scores.
- Pursuing multiple impactful energy efficiency projects, including a monitoring and commissioning project at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange that saved 18 percent in annual energy costs, and an upgrade to the Building Management System at Rockefeller Center that allows for remote monitoring and greater insight into energy consumption trends.
- Communicating with its tenants about energy efficiency regularly through its tenant platform ZO, with campaigns such as Daylight Hour and Earth Day, and a focus on what tenants can do at home to save energy.
- Expanding new goals for all West Coast properties to earn ENERGY STAR certification in 2021 and achieving an ENERGY STAR Score of 90 of higher.