New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Tishman Speyer is a leading owner, developer, and operator of real estate around the world, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. The real estate company has continued and expanded on its excellent energy management plan across its portfolio and has implemented new training programs and energy efficiency incentive programs which leverage ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 100 percent of owned properties in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® for seven consecutive years, with 43 properties achieving ENERGY STAR certification in 2018, representing 25 million square feet of space.
- Commissioning an innovative Thermal Ice storage system at a property which resulted in a 60 percent decrease in energy intensity, for a total anticipated energy cost savings of four million kilowatt hours per year.
- Implementing a standardized energy management system onto a cloud-based monitoring system for its entire portfolio which allows for real-time diagnosis of energy usage patterns and live ENERGY STAR score updates, creating the foundation for new energy management training and incentive programs.
- Achieving more than a two percent total reduction in weather normalized source energy use intensity across all buildings in the U.S. portfolio from 2017 to 2018.
- Expanding on its occupant-facing promotions, including referencing ENERGY STAR in its Daylight Hour and Energy Conservation Days initiative, which resulted in 100 percent building participation, and continuing promotion of ENERGY STAR certified properties.