New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Tishman Speyer is a leading owner, developer, and operator of real estate around the world. The company has transformed annual ENERGY STAR® scores and Portfolio Manager® inputs, incorporating these into a real-time toolset for continuous measurement, modelling, and improvement programs. Tishman Speyer is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its superior energy management plan across its building portfolio. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its portfolio in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, with 34 properties receiving ENERGY STAR Certification, representing 22.5 million square feet.
- Achieving a 3.5 percent total reduction in weather normalized source energy across all buildings in the U.S portfolio from 2016 to 2017.
- Doubling existing coverage of waste data reporting in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager in 2017 – achieving nearly 100 percent through innovative outreach and collaboration directly with the largest waste vendors.
- Implementing a new, real-time energy dashboard across all buildings in the U.S. portfolio, incorporating and tracking changes to a building’s ENERGY STAR score based on real time building operations.
- Increasing ENERGY STAR training with new positions, new systems, and increased organizational support.
- Expanding occupant-facing ENERGY STAR promotions, including 100 percent participation in Earth Day, promotion of ENERGY STAR Certifications, and promotion of Energy Conservation Days connected with Demand Response events.