New York, New York
Partner of the Year
Tishman Speyer is one of the leading owners, developers, operators, and fund managers of first-class real estate in the world. With a focus on creating properties of exceptional and enduring value, the firm has created a connected and vertically integrated property management platform dedicated to delivering continuous improvements in sustainability. Tishman Speyer is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to utilizing ENERGY STAR tools and resources to enhance its properties. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking its entire U.S. property portfolio in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and earning an average 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR score of more than 78, representing an eight-percent improvement over the past four years.
- Combining real-time monitoring with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager metrics to develop new operational, maintenance, and facility improvements.
- Developing Tishman Speyer University to take internal lessons-learned and best practices to its global management platform, including a three-day seminar incorporating ENERGY STAR and presenting new technologies and findings to the broader company.
- Spearheading New York City efforts to mandate energy benchmarking for all commercial real estate properties.
- Achieving Premier Member status in the ENERGY STAR Certification Nation campaign by supporting the certification of more than 20 buildings in 2014.