TH Real Estate, a Nuveen company
London, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
TH Real Estate, an affiliate of Nuveen and the investment management arm of TIAA, is one of the largest real estate investment managers globally. TH Real Estate is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for outstanding energy management across its portfolio and its continued dedication to ENERGY STAR. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 51 buildings in 2017.
- Reducing energy consumption by 3.2 percent compared to 2016 performance, a weather-normalized site energy savings of 16.8 million kilowat hours (kWh) and saving 4,920 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
- Cumulatively reducing site energy consumption between 2007-2017 by 22.3 percent, saving of 831 million kWh, and equal to $99.7 million in reduced energy expenses.
- Engaging with almost 300 property management team members through multiple channels including a “Summer of Sustainability Series” highlighting seasonal adjustment checklists and tenant engagement strategies for water and waste.
- Introducing automated benchmarking with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® throughout its portfolio through trainings and the creation of utility-specific step-by-step guides to ensure complete, accurate and timely datasets are available for performance monitoring, benchmarking, and reporting.
- Committing to new global energy intensity reduction targets of 30 percent by 2030.
- Distributing a Best Practices Checklist for metering, lighting, operational settings, heating and cooling, management of unoccupied space, and operational guidance for water efficiency and water heating, while implementing 2,100 measures during 2016-2017.