TH Real Estate
New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
TH Real Estate (the real estate investment manager of TIAA) is one of the largest institutional real estate investors in the United States. TH Real Estate is committed to achieving property-level energy goals annually, and in 2016 the organization met its portfolio-wide goal to reduce its energy consumption by 20 percent by 2020. TH Real Estate is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued dedication to superior energy management across its portfolio. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR scores for 99 office and multifamily properties and ENERGY STAR Certification for 76 office and multifamily properties.
- Achieving a 22.3 percent reduction in portfolio-wide energy use since 2007.
- Reducing total water consumption by more than five percent, equating to over 58 million gallons, as of October 2016, with a goal to reduce consumption by 20 percent from 2007 consumption levels by 2020.
- Identifying more than 475 energy efficiency projects for wholly-owned assets for 2017, with an estimated annual savings of over 22 million kilowatt hours, representing a 3.2-percent reduction in portfolio-wide energy use.
- Continuing to engage tenants and residents through targeted communication efforts designed to educate and promote ENERGY STAR within leased spaces. New tenants receive a welcome letter highlighting TH Real Estate’s Sustainability Initiative as well as ENERGY STAR, and new and existing tenants receive communications such as ENERGY STAR Top 10 Ways to Reduce Energy and Water at Work and at Home.