Texas-New Mexico Power Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Texas-New Mexico Power Company (TNMP) is an electricity transmission and distribution service provider with more than 255,000 residential and business customers. In 2020, TNMP strengthened ENERGY STAR program participation among underrepresented small and medium-sized homebuilders and HVAC contractors by promoting HVAC right-sizing and the installation of ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of more than 130 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total exceeding 8,600 since the program’s inception in 2003.
- Increasing energy savings per ENERGY STAR certified home by more than 25 percent compared to 2019.
- Enhancing program design by supporting the installation of nearly 150 ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats and more than 100 ENERGY STAR certified HVAC systems.
- Deploying an aggressive recruitment campaign to offset housing start reductions, resulting in partnerships with eight new home builders, a 67 percent increase in participation over 2019.
- Leveraging digital media to increase pageviews of its consumer-facing website by 180 percent over 2019 while also sharing broader ENERGY STAR brand messaging through a social media campaign.
- Increasing the average incentive per certified home by 83 percent over 2019 by leveraging data analytics and new reporting tools to provide homebuilders with enhanced information about incentive eligibility requirements.