Texas-New Mexico Power Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Texas-New Mexico Power Company (TNMP) is an electricity transmission and distribution service provider. In 2019, TNMP enhanced the design of its High-Performance Homes Program to increase participation among hard-to-reach small home builders and HVAC contractors in constructing ENERGY STAR certified homes. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of nearly 300 ENERGY STAR certified homes and increasing energy rating companies' participation in the program by 14 percent compared to 2018.
- Increasing the number of home builders constructing ENERGY STAR certified homes in its program by 66 percent compared to 2018, through recruitment efforts in geographic regions were previously not well-represented in the program.
- Increasing the percentage of new home starts earning ENERGY STAR certification to 71 percent compared to 45 percent in 2018, despite a 26 percent decrease in new home starts in their service territory.
- Implementing outreach and education efforts featuring the ENERGY STAR program to internal staff and external stakeholders, including distributing free outreach materials to hundreds of builders, raters and HVAC dealers.
- Continuing a successful social media campaign that educated more than 10,000 consumers about the ENERGY STAR program.