Texas-New Mexico Power Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Texas-New Mexico Power (TNMP) Company is an electricity transmission and distribution service provider receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. TNMP consistently promotes the construction and verification of ENERGY STAR certified homes and has been helping home builders transform the residential new construction market towards greater energy efficiency since joining the program in 2003. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Providing incentives for just under 300 ENERGY STAR certified homes, a 24% increase over 2017, for a total of more than 8,200 homes since joining the program in 2003.
- Achieving a 13% increase in energy savings since 2017, to more than 1,207,366 kilowatt hours (kWh), with an additional 12% increase in peak demand reductions.
- Completing more than 35 one-on-one meetings with builders, Raters, and HVAC contractors to assist them with their ENERGY STAR participation.
- Conducting social media outreach to consumers about the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program, bringing more than 3,000 visitors to the program’s website.
- Sponsoring Home Builders Association events in Houston and in Dallas, promoting the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program to industry attendees and distributing more than 3,500 flyers, brochures, and other ENERGY STAR program collateral at events.