Texas-New Mexico Power Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Texas-New Mexico Power (TNMP) Company serves more than 300,000 residents across a wide-ranging service territory and has supported the ENERGY STAR® Certified Homes Program since 2003. The utility dedicates marketing efforts to recruiting new builders and promoting ENERGY STAR in both regions. TNMP is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its ongoing commitment to encouraging market transformation towards more energy-efficient homes. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Providing incentives for 233 ENERGY STAR certified homes, a 39 percent increase since 2016, for a total of 7,914 homes since joining the program.
- Achieving an 88 percent increase in energy savings since 2016, to more than 1,050,000 kilowatt hours (kWh), with an additional 75 percent increase in peak demand reductions.
- Advertising to more than 107,000 consumers about the TNMP’s ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program during a two-month Facebook campaign, and bringing more than 2,600 visitors to the program’s website.
- Co-organizing and co-sponsoring with other Texas regional utilities a roundtable discussion with contractors and Home Energy Raters to address home ventilation issues in hot, humid climates.
- Sponsoring Houston and Dallas-area Home Builders Association events and promoting the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program to more than 1,000 builder, rater, and industry attendees.
- Training more than 30 builder staff on how to sell ENERGY STAR certified homes using the sales kit and distributing more than 2,500 flyers, brochures, and ENEGRY STAR-branded collateral materials at events throughout 2017.