Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Target Corporation is a large retailer that provides diverse merchandise at more than 1,800 stores across the United States, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Target has been dedicated to reducing energy management, communicating its energy and environmental initiatives to associates and consumers and integrating ENERGY STAR as part of their comprehensive program. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Reducing portfolio-wide energy consumption by 2.6 percent, saving 310 million kilowatt hours (MkWh) of power.
- Certifying a total of 1,509 stores as ENERGY STAR, the largest number of certified properties of any single retailer in the country.
- Upgrading lighting in stores and distribution centers with LEDs, replacing 812,000 fixtures resulting in 16 4MkWh estimated annual savings.
- Replacing more than 1,000 roof top HVAC units resulting in estimated annual savings of 12M kWh.
- Educating customers about ENERGY STAR goals and achievements through its corporate website, indoor signing, weekly circulars, and social media.