Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Target Corporation is a large retailer that provides diverse merchandise at more than 1,800 stores across the United States. A partner since 1995, ENERGY STAR® is incorporated into Target’s Corporate Responsibility Goals. Target Corporation is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for superior achievement in earning ENERGY STAR certification for its stores and for its commitment to environmental protection. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Reducing portfolio-wide energy consumption by 3.6 percent, saving 485 million kilowatt hours of power.
- Certifying 106 new stores, for a total of 1,509 ENERGY STAR certified stores, the largest number of certified properties of any single retailer in the country. Certifications also include four headquarters buildings, and two data centers.
- Educating customers about ENERGY STAR goals and achievements through its corporate website, indoor signing, weekly circulars, and social media.
- Upgrading sales floor LED lighting in more than 1,000 stores, retrofitting rooftop units 125 stores, and installing 45 meagwatts of solar rooftop panels.
- Establishing a new corporate climate policy and goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to 25 percent below 2015 levels by 2025.