Sustainable Investment Group
Partner of the Year
Service and Product Provider
Sustainable Investment Group strives to help its clients reduce energy and water use. The company universally recommends benchmarking in EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager®, and uses the ENERGY STAR 1–100 score to verify performance improvements and motivate clients to implement energy efficiency changes. Sustainable Investment Group is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for integrating ENERGY STAR guidance, tools, and resources into its service offerings and for educating the industry about the importance of sustainability in the built environment. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking more than 340 properties in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, representing 100 percent of its total customer building portfolio.
- Facilitating ENERGY STAR certification for more than 200 properties, including 20 properties for the first time and more than 180 properties that have earned certification in previous years.
- Continuing to deliver educational courses to a cumulative total of more than 14,000 architects, engineers, real estate developers, and other industry professionals, including detailed content on benchmarking in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and the opportunity of ENERGY STAR building certification.
- Helping its clients achieve energy savings equivalent to more than 540,000 metric tons of avoided carbon dioxide emissions—equivalent to the annual emissions of nearly 50,000 homes.
- Regularly posting information about the ENERGY STAR program and ENERGY STAR achievements of specific clients across Sustainable Investment Group’s social media platforms.