Sustainable Investment Group
Partner of the Year - Service and Product Provider
Sustainable Investment Group (SIG) strives to help its clients reduce energy and water use, and equips them to become leaders in sustainable real estate. SIG universally recommends benchmarking energy use in EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager®, and uses the ENERGY STAR 1–100 score to verify performance improvements and motivate clients to implement energy efficiency changes. Sustainable Investment Group is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for integrating ENERGY STAR guidance, tools, and resources into its service offerings and educating the industry about the importance of sustainability in the built environment. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking more than 300 properties in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, representing 100 percent of its total customer building portfolio.
- Actively supporting local benchmarking ordinances across the country, including the Atlanta Commercial Buildings Energy Efficiency Ordinance, to which SIG responded by creating an educational website (www.atlantabenchmarking.com) for Atlanta businesses subject to the ordinance.
- Helping its clients save more than 547,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide—equivalent to the annual emissions of nearly 50,000 homes.
- Earning EPA recognition as a Top Certifier and Elite Member in the ENERGY STAR Certification Nation campaign by helping to certify more than 150 buildings.
- Continuing to deliver educational courses to more than 12,000 architects, engineers, real estate developers, and other industry professionals to teach them the importance of benchmarking in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, and to promote the opportunity to earn ENERGY STAR certification.