Staples the Office Superstore, LLC
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Staples, Inc. is the world’s largest office-products company and the second largest internet retailer. Staples is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its strong corporate-level commitment to energy management, and its continued enthusiasm and innovation in promoting ENERGY STAR to associates and customers. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Reducing weather-normalized source energy intensity by 3.2 percent in 2016, equating to $1.2 million in savings.
- Certifying 71 buildings in 2016, bringing the total number of ENERGY STAR certified buildings to 761 nationwide.
- Continuing the “Eco-Treasure Hunt” program, an intensive three-day energy and water audit and recommissioning exercise between Staples’ corporate energy-management team, facility staff, and a multi-disciplinary team of experts in equipment and systems. This program had led to reductions of 4.2 million kilowatt hours over the last four years.
- Retrofitting lighting in stores and distribution centers to light-emitting diode lighting (LED) and T8/T5 fluorescents with motion sensors, respectively.
- Offering more than 900 ENERGY STAR products in their 1,453 stores.
- Entering five stores in EPA’s ENERGY STAR National Building Competition: BOOTCAMP.