Staples the Office Super Store
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Staples is an office supply retailer receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Staples has continued to maintain its notable corporate commitment to energy efficiency by consistently reducing energy use and being a leader in the industry. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 1.6 percent energy savings across their portfolio, with an average reduction of 5 percent in electricity use since 2015.
- Earning eight ENERGY STAR certifications in 2018, with a total of 829 certified properties since 2009.
- Delivering more than 11 million kWh of energy savings by completing a multi-year LED lighting retrofit of its stores.
- Continuing energy treasure hunts at selected stores and saving 4.8 million Kwh since 2013.
- Recruiting company volunteers to educate more than 1,200 students about the necessity of energy efficiency and promoting ENERGY STAR.
- Offering more than 900 ENERGY STAR products in its 1,400 stores.