Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Staples, headquartered outside Boston, is the world’s largest office-products company and the second largest internet retailer. Staples has annual sales of $25 billion and 88,000 associates worldwide. Staples is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its strong corporate level commitment to energy management, and its continued enthusiasm and innovation in promoting the ENERGY STAR program to associates and customers. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Reducing weather normalized source energy use by 3.3 percent in 2014. This equates to $900,500 in savings.
- Re-certifying 250 buildings in 2014, for a total of 650 ENERGY STAR certified buildings nationwide.
- Entering 17 facilities in EPA’s ENERGY STAR National Building Competition.
- Reducing carbon emissions by 36 percent over a 2001 baseline through energy efficiency and green power investments, despite a revenue growth of 130 percent over the same period.
- Offering over 800 ENERGY STAR products for sale, with sales exceeding $260 million.