Southwestern Electric Power Company (AEP SWEPCO)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Southwestern Electric Power Company (SWEPCO) has provided electric utility service for over 100 years, and currently serves approximately 535,000 customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas and is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. SWPECO continues to grow its Arkansas Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program within the single and multifamily home markets in 2018, generating energy savings. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Saving an approximate 10.64-gigawatt hours in gross energy savings, an increase of 11 percent over 2017, with the completion of 1,800 single-family homes and more than 2,000 multifamily units.
- Identifying 30 percent of program participants as those that fall within the income-qualified demographic, validating the program design.
- Launching a no-cost online training portal, providing low-cost Building Performance Institute training classes, and personalized mentoring for the contractor network. These efforts resulted in a 19 percent reduction in program cost.
- Continuing the successful joint utility partnership with Black Hills Energy Arkansas in 2018, resulting in 295 joint customers receiving a single joint contractor visit and comprehensive energy assessment report.
- Enhancing media outreach with ENERGY STAR branding in digital ads, Google AdWords, and social media resulting in a total of 5,815,905 ad impressions and 13,111 total click-throughs to the program website.
- Recognizing seven participating contractors with the Century Club Award, recognition for completing 100 or projects in a calendar year. Those contractors make up 98 percent of the 3,849 projects completed.