Southwestern Electric Power Company – Arkansas (AEP SWEPCO)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Southwestern Electric Power Company (AEP SWEPCO) is an electric transmission and distribution utility in Arkansas. In 2020, through its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, SWEPCO achieved 33,439 MMBtu of gross energy savings from single and multifamily home markets. Key accomplishments during 2020 include:
- Sustaining program operations by adopting CDC COVID-19 safety protocols for improvements to single and multifamily properties, resulting in over 3,000 completed projects in 2020.
- Incorporating remote assessment strategies to streamline processes and sustain operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Effectively managing scarce program resources by leveraging those from its partners, Black Hills Energy Arkansas and CenterPoint Energy, for functions of mutual benefit such as contractor training, quality assurance field inspections, and standardized energy assessment reports.
- Expanding diversity and inclusion initiatives by introducing HPwES as a framework for Income Qualified Weatherization Pathway for low to moderate income households.
- Exhibiting leadership to advance home performance by offering no-cost online virtual contractor training for continuing education units and low-cost Building Performance Institute virtual training classes.