Southwestern Electric Power Company (AEP SWEPCO)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Southwestern Electric Power Company (AEP SWEPCO) serves approximately 532,000 customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas. SWEPCO launched a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (HPwES) program in Arkansas in 2012. SWEPCO is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its regional leadership and ongoing support for the HPwES program, year over year. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Saving approximately 9.59 gigawatt hours in energy with the completion of 1,827 single-family and 1,318 multifamily HPwES projects. Savings per single-family home increased 15 percent compared to 2016 savings.
- Reducing program costs per kilowatt hour (kWh) saved by 69 percent between 2013 and 2017, dropping from $1.43 to $0.44 per kWh saved.
- Implementing a joint HPwES program with Black Hills Energy Arkansas (BHEA), resulting in the completion of 504 joint projects and access to HPwES for BHEA customers. The joint program includes a comprehensive report with savings opportunities for both fuel types.
- Expanding media outreach for the HPwES program with digital ads, Google ads, and social media resulting in a total of 3,195,992 ad impressions and more than 7,300 total click-throughs to the program website.
- Giving quarterly reviews and issuing expected outcomes to HPwES participating contractors to ensure high standards are met in the field.