AEP Southwestern Electric Power Company (SWEPCO)
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Southwestern Electric Power Company (SWEPCO) has provided utility services for over 100 years and currently serves approximately 524,000 customers in three states: Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas. Headquartered in Shreveport, Louisiana, SWEPCO proudly stands by its commitment to provide reliable electric service at affordable prices. As part of that commitment, SWEPCO has partnered with ENERGY STAR® to promote energy efficiency through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) in Arkansas. SWEPCO is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its successful implementation of the HPwES program. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Generating approximately 1.7 gigawatt hours in energy savings, including an installed measure conversion rate of 93 percent, up 22 percent from 2013.
- Experiencing 1,300 percent growth from 2013 to 2014 by completing 1,026 HPwES projects in 2014.
- Providing extensive program training in the form of monthly face-to-face mentoring sessions, six technical training events for program contractors, and utilizing a quality assurance/quality control process to foster best practices.
- Working collaboratively with the local natural gas utility program that provides rebates for energy efficiency home improvements, broadening the impact of the HPwES program, recruiting gas utility program contractors, and further enhancing the customer experience.
- Partnering big box hardware retailers with local HPwES contractors and offering auditing services at in-store kiosks.