Southern Energy Management
Raleigh, North Carolina
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Homes Rater/Provider
Southern Energy Management, a home energy rating company, continued its commitment to ENERGY STAR® in 2021 by certifying more than 1,000 homes, recruiting new partners to join the program, and maintaining its support for multiple production builder partners. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Recruiting five new builders to the program and transitioning current partners to commit to building 100% of their homes to meet ENERGY STAR program requirements.
- Creating showroom displays and “silent sellers” to help builders showcase the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certification.
- Communicating best building practices through monthly newsletters, blog posts, and continuing education opportunities, keeping over 2,000 builders, contractors, and homeowners informed about the latest developments with ENERGY STAR.
- Creating a dedicated quality assurance team to monitor home energy raters, provide timely feedback, and identify opportunities for one-on-one training to improve performance.
- Providing on-demand access to ENERGY STAR marketing materials for builder clients through its “High-Performance Homes Resource Hub.”
- Training field technicians and initiating a new pilot program to increase builders’ use of the new HVAC Grading Standard.