Southern Energy Management
Raleigh, North Carolina
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Homes Rater/Provider
Southern Energy Management, a home energy rating company, continued its commitment to ENERGY STAR in 2020 by certifying more than 900 homes, recruiting new partners to join the program, and maintaining its support for multiple production builder partners. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Recruiting five new ENERGY STAR builder partners and transitioning two builders to constructing 100 percent ENERGY STAR.
- Decreasing the average airtightness of builders’ ENERGY STAR certified homes by 18 percent over the last five years, affecting a total of more than 4,000 homes.
- Creating showroom displays and “silent sellers” to help builders showcase the benefits of ENERGY STAR certification and features.
- Developing continuing education for builders and real estate professionals on the importance of energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR certified home features.
- Working with a program implementer to develop a new quality assurance pilot for the utility, Duke Energy Progress, enabling a significant increase in quality assurance review rates.
- Developing a field data collection tool and “outlier detector” dashboard to enhance the quality of home energy ratings and ENERGY STAR certifications.