Southern California Edison
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Southern California Edison (SCE) delivers electrical energy solutions to nearly 14 million residents in southern and central California. SCE is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for building on over two decades of partnership where ENERGY STAR serves as a foundational pillar for its work to advance energy efficiency for the long term. Key accomplishments in 2014 include:
- Leveraging the ENERGY STAR platform to help its customers install more than 5.6 million ENERGY STAR certified products through a portfolio of up-, mid-, and downstream programs promoting ENERGY STAR products and practices, including products meeting ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2014 recognition criteria.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR Change the World Tour, hosting one of seven events as part of this first-ever community service tour, showing how ENERGY STAR and energy efficiency serve local communities across the country.
- Advancing improvements in electronics program design by testing a mid-stream Pay TV service provider incentive to target replacement of older set top boxes. The successful trial demonstrated a five-fold increase in the rate of energy efficient set top box upgrades compared to normal replacement cycles.
- Providing training, online resources, and a dedicated toll-free hotline to support the benchmarking of commercial buildings, along with targeted outreach to the real estate industry affected by state benchmarking requirements, and uploading data to ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® using web services.
- Securing nearly 1,200 gigawatt hours in energy savings, 206 megawatts of permanent demand reduction, and avoiding in excess of 500,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions in 2014 alone.