Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1
ENERGY STAR Promotion
Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1 is a public utility serving more than 300,000 customers in the Pacific Northwest. In 2019, the PUD expanded its ENERGY STAR-branded, energy-efficiency outreach efforts to include promotions focused on harder to reach, low-income and/or geographically remote customers without easy access to energy-efficiency opportunities, effectively delivering 65,000 ENERGY STAR certified products to 19,300 households. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Expanding independent retail programs to increase the selection of ENERGY STAR certified products by 300 percent and expanding the number of stores offering ENERGY STAR products by 200 percent.
- Delivering 4,800 ENERGY STAR branded, energy efficiency kits to 20+ food banks.
- Increasing the number of engagements through social posts by utilizing ENERGY STAR campaigns, including Light the Moment and ENERGY STAR Day, reaching 4.8 million impressions.
- Premiering a new instant rebate program through independent appliance retailer, Albert Lee, that increased rebate redemptions on ENERGY STAR certified products by an estimated 20 percent.
- Launching an online marketplace where customers can shop online for ENERGY STAR certified light bulbs and smart thermostats.
- Conducting a sweepstakes to draw customers to their Smart Rewards site, which features ENERGY STAR products, that resulted in a 117 percent increase in unique visitors.