SL Green Realty Corporation
New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
SL Green Realty Corporation (SL Green) is a fully integrated real estate investment trust that is focused primarily on acquiring, managing, and maximizing the value commercial properties in Manhattan. SL Green is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its extensive tenant outreach and education programs, and for widespread promotion of ENERGY STAR tools and best practices. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Maintaining an average ENERGY STAR score of 76 across owned and managed buildings in its portfolio.
- Earning 17 ENERGY STAR Labels for certified buildings across its New York City and suburban portfolios in 2017.
- Developing an internal competition between buildings to show energy efficiency by comparing ENERGY STAR scores, and recognizing buildings that were able to achieve superior performance with ENERGY STAR, thus receiving ENERGY STAR Certification.
- Hosting an ENERGY STAR ‘lunch and learn’ session for 20 building engineers, with an ENERGY STAR representative presenting techniques for using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and how the tool can help improve building efficiency.
- Adding marketing information to all tenant rent statements so that tenants are aware of its commitment to efficiency and the ENERGY STAR program.
- Engaging with tenants to be part of the ENERGY STAR Tenant Space pilot program.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR in its sustainability video that is posted to its website, LinkedIn, and in its annual sustainability report.