SL Green Realty Corp.
New York, New York
Partner of the Year
SL Green Realty Corp, New York City’s largest office landlord, is a real estate investment trust that primarily acquires, owns, manages, leases, and repositions office properties in Manhattan, with an expanding retail and multifamily portfolio. As of September 30, 2015 SL Green held interests in 121 Manhattan buildings totaling 43.2 million square feet and 35 suburban buildings totaling 5.3 million square feet in Brooklyn, Long Island, Westchester County, Connecticut, and New Jersey. SL Green is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to using ENERGY STAR as the foundation of its energy management program. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 11 million square feet of SL Green properties in 2015.
- Attaining an average ENERGY STAR score of 75 for its portfolio, a three-point increase from 2014.
- Investing more than $43 million in energy efficiency projects from 2010 through 2015, including more than $7 million in 2015 alone. This includes a range of lighting and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) initiatives, including a portfolio light-emitting diode (LED) lighting retrofit program involving more than 35,000 LED bulbs, projected to save $2.1 million annually in energy and operating expenses.
- Promoting SL Green energy management and sustainability initiatives, such as purchasing ENERGY STAR products for tenant fit-outs, announcements to tenants through Captivate screens, e-mail blasts, and tenant engagement/volunteer events to more than1,000 tenants through programs such as its Re-Green NYC event.
- Working directly with tenants representing 5.8 million square feet to support a variety of needs such as data reporting, recycling education, and purchasing ENERGY STAR products.