Sears Holdings Corporation
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Sears Holdings Corporation (Sears) is a leading integrated retailer with full-line and specialty stores across the United States. Sears is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its longstanding commitment to energy efficiency and community outreach across all its business units, for demonstrated leadership in marketing of ENERGY STAR certified products, and for superior energy management across its portfolio. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Selling more than 2.4 million ENERGY STAR certified products, resulting in savings of 298 million kilowatt hours (kWh), approximately $70 million in utility costs, and 459 million pounds of reduced carbon dioxide emissions.
- Offering 849 unique ENERGY STAR certified models across the lighting, appliances, consumer electronics, doors, windows, and heating and cooling product categories.
- Hosting the Rebuilding Together, Sears, and ENERGY STAR collaborative event ahead of the ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting. Two homeless veteran shelters were upgraded with energy efficient appliances, lighting, consumer electronics, doors, windows, and heating and cooling systems.
- Training more than 1,900 Sears Home Appliance associates who gained specific knowledge on ENERGY STAR certified products during the 2017 Sears Holding Home Appliance Roadshow.
- Executing a second year of the ENERGY STAR Retail Product Platform pilot, realizing an average sales increase of 4 percent for eligible products.