Sears Holdings Corporation
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Sears Holdings Corporation (Sears), an ENERGY STAR® partner for a decdade, is a leading integrated retailer with full-line and specialty stores across the United States. Sears is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its longstanding commitment to energy efficiency and community outreach across all its business units, for demonstrated leadership in marketing of ENERGY STAR certified products, and for superior energy management across its portfolio. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Earning new ENERGY STAR certifications for 97 Sears and Kmart Stores. Since 2009, 783 properties have been certified towards a goal of earning 1,000 ENERGY STAR certifications across their portfolio.
- Reducing total store energy consumption by 9 percent, saving 82 million kilowatt hours of power, worth almost $10 million.
- Installing energy management systems in forty-seven stores, upgrading lighting to LEDs in 145 properties, and participating in automatic demand response programs with local utilities.
- Hosting a Sustainability and Energy Fair where associates learned about energy improvements in stores, took energy quizes, and received ENERGY STAR certified lighting.
- Promoting the benefits of the ENERGY STAR partnership at industry conferences.