Sears Holdings Corporation
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Sears Holdings Corporation is the top home appliance retailer and a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment, and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its longstanding commitment to ENERGY STAR across all business units from marketing to merchandising to superior energy management across its building portfolio, and for driving awareness and adoption of energy efficiency and climate protection through enhanced associate and consumer education. Sears’ efforts exemplify an ongoing commitment to leveraging its retail capabilities to maximize energy efficiency in the marketplace. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Increasing its selection of ENERGY STAR consumer electronics in 2014 while maintaining a high number of floored ENERGY STAR certified models in the home appliances, water heater, and lighting product categories, as well as a heightened commitment to stocking products recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2014.
- Collaborating often with EPA on events such as Sears’ ENERGY STAR Day, an Earth Day atrium event, and the Sears Summit.
- Earning the ENERGY STAR for 95 full-line stores in 2014 for a total of 611 certified buildings portfolio wide.
- Improving weather normalized source energy use by 3.2 percent in its full-line stores and raising its portfolio average score from 73.3 to 74.8.
- Competing in the ENERGY STAR National Building Competition for the 5th year, this time with nine teams of five stores each entered in the Battle of the Buildings: Team Challenge, and promoting its participation through social media.
- Leading in vendor and utility partnerships to help increase priority product sales and assisting EPA in facilitating the ENERGY STAR Retail Action Council and the ENERGY STAR Retail Products Platform pilot.