Scott County Schools
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Scott County Schools (SCS) is a school district in Kentucky. SCS leveraged ENERGY STAR to engage stakeholders, district officials, custodians, teachers, and students as part of the monthly Energy Reduction Award program. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Saving more than $8.4 million since 2010, equivalent to the funds required to employ 168 teachers for one year.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at 14 schools.
- Raising the average ENERGY STAR score to 91.6, a five-point increase over 2019.
- Distributing monthly emails to all district stakeholders to promote ENERGY STAR and energy-saving opportunities for the school district.
- Developing and implementing a district-wide energy savings project that lowered energy usage and energy expenses across the district.
- Adding one new high school and one new elementary school to ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® as well as replacing the roof on an aging elementary school to increase energy efficiency.