Scott County Schools
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Scott County Schools educates more than 9,000 students across 14 schools. The school district became an ENERGY STAR® partner in 2010 and utilizes ENERGY STAR tools and resources to make improvements in energy efficiency and reduce operating costs. Scott County Schools is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its effective use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources in its energy management plan. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Realizing more than $900,000 in avoided costs in 2017 and more than $5 million since 2010 by incorporating ENERGY STAR best practices.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for all school buildings for four consecutive years, and achieving an average portfolio-wide ENERGY STAR score of 94.
- Reducing both portfolio-wide average source energy use and greenhouse gas emissions by more than five percent during 2017.
- Engaging community in energy savings by publicly posting ENERGY STAR scores and weekly energy performance reports on the district website, as well as in monthly reports to the Board of Education.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR partnership on the district website, in presentations, and in published materials.