Scott County Schools
Partner of the Year
Scott County Schools serves more than 9,000 students in 14 schools. The school district became an ENERGY STAR® partner in 2010, and has since embraced ENERGY STAR tools to make major improvements in energy efficiency and costs for the district. Scott County Public Schools is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its effective use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources in it energy management plan. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for all school buildings in the district.
- Entering all schools in the district into the ENERGY STAR National Building Competition for three consecutive years.
- Improving its average, portfoliowide 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR score from 71 to 88 compared to its 2010 baseline.
- Educating the School Board, administrators, teachers, maintenance, custodial and other support staff members, and students on the financial and environmental benefits of energy management through in-person presentations and meetings.
- Presenting the value of ENERGY STAR to students.
- Reducing energy use by more than 17 percent compared to its 2010 baseline.