Samsung Electronics America
Ridgefield Park, NJ
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Product Brand Owner
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is an innovative technology company receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-sustained Excellence recognition. Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is a leader in manufacturing highly energy-efficient products, educating millions of consumers and their own workforce about the benefits their ENERGY STAR products, while contributing invaluable technical insights to ENERGY STAR specification development efforts that enable the program to deliver more savings to consumers. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Delivering more than 700 ENERGY STAR certified models to the market across multiple product lines providing energy savings and innovation to scores of consumers.
- Joining EPA in multiple ENERGY STAR promotions including Flip Your Fridge, ENERGY STAR Most Efficient, and holiday promotions using their enormous reach to spread the word about the benefits of energy efficiency.
- Building on their successful Boys and Girls Club of America Climate Superstars Program to highlight ENERGY STAR certified products and energy saving tips, growing participation to nearly 200 Clubs.
- Running a Times Square ad promoting ENERGY STAR certified products that was visible to 330,000 visitors. Samsung also produced a video featuring their ENERGY STAR certified washer/dryer models that was viewed 14,500 times on the Samsung YouTube Channel and linked to location-tailored rebates on their consumer website.
- Engaging employees around ENERGY STAR and energy efficiency nationwide through an ENERGY STAR Day celebration that included the ENERGY STAR pledge, integrating the Ways to Save Tips on their My Workplace website, and developing and delivering training to more than 700 new employees that featured ENERGY STAR content.