Samsung Electronics America
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of consumer electronics, mobile devices and enterprise solutions. Samsung is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its dedication to advancing efficiency, as demonstrated by its long history of providing invaluable support to the ENERGY STAR specification development process, its notable design of ENERGY STAR certified products, and efforts to tout the benefits of ENERGY STAR to its employees and the public. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 19 percent increase in ENERGY STAR certified products over 2016 with more than 100 new models, including the FlexWash and FlexDry laundry products.
- Supporting specification development for products such as clothes washers and dryers, and continually ensuring that the ENERGY STAR mark recognizes high-performing products by sharing vital technical input .
- Launching a Times Square ad highlighting the benefits of ENERGY STAR products on ENERGY STAR Day, generating numerous impressions.
- Introducing 20 new refrigerator models which were recognized with the 2017 ENERGY STAR Emerging Technology Award for their use of innovative, efficient refrigerants.
- Collaborating with EPA to promote energy efficiency and environmental messaging through community outreach during the third annual Boys & Girls Clubs of America Climate Superstars Challenge.
- Embarking on a new partnership with the Puget Sound Energy rebate program to promote ENERGY STAR certified products and boost consumer awareness.