Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Corporate Commitment
Samsung Electronics is a manufacturer of home appliances, consumer electronics, and mobile communications. In 2020, Samsung continued its outstanding leadership, providing extensive technical support to the ENERGY STAR program, delivering on its commitment to innovation in product efficiency, and maintaining a commitment to reducing the impact of its facilities through strategic energy management. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Earning the ENERGY STAR Emerging Technology Award for Advanced Adaptive Compressors for 11 refrigeration products, which were featured on their website.
- Engaging with the ENERGY STAR program continuously to provide valuable feedback and recommendations on products and specifications.
- Increasing the number of models earning ENERGY STAR Most Efficient recognition by 18 percent.
- Sharing ENERGY STAR information with its employees through various channels, including featuring ENERGY STAR Ways to Save Tips on an employee portal and educating all new hires on its conservation initiatives.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR Earth Day and ENERGY STAR Day campaigns through engagements with stakeholders, customers, influencers, and journalists.
- Receiving ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition for its Samsung Solutions Center in Washington, DC.
- Developing a formal energy performance program for its office facilities, integrating energy management requirements in its building design standards, and pursuing multiple conservation measures to reduce energy usage.