Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
Samsung Electronics is a global manufacturer of home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. In the past year, Samsung demonstrated leadership engaging employees and schoolchildren about the value of ENERGY STAR certified products, and providing extensive technical support to ENERGY STAR specification development. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Investing in energy efficiency technologies for home appliances where Samsung is a market leader and demand for ENERGY STAR is significant, with an ENERGY STAR portfolio that includes 100 percent of dishwashers, 94 percent of refrigerators, 96 percent of clothes washers, and 64 percent of clothes dryers.
- Increasing the number of base models earning ENERGY STAR Most Efficient recognition by 44 percent.
- Engaging in marketing and education about ENERGY STAR products through Samsung.com, YouTube, retail partners and holiday promotions.
- Increasing ENERGY STAR communications via multi-channel education, including Samsung's Global and US Newsrooms.
- Partnering with EPA and National Educational Environmental Foundation (NEEF) on a flagship environmental program, Climate Superstars, to teach schoolchildren about the importance of ENERGY STAR, leading to 200 registrations and 140 ENERGY STAR pledges.