Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
Dedicated to taking the world in imaginative new directions, Samsung Electronics leads the global market in high-tech electronics manufacturing and digital media. Samsung is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its constant dedication to advancing efficiency through its reliable voice in the specification development process, its impressive design and marketing of ENERGY STAR certified products, and its wide-reaching community outreach. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Maintaining a consistently high majority of total product models available that are ENERGY STAR certified, among a variety of major appliances and consumer electronics, with 34 models in four product categories recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2015, and working toward an ambitious corporate goal of 50-percent energy efficiency improvement by 2020.
- Demonstrating a strong partnership with ENERGY STAR during the specification development process, by leading industry partners on revisions for televisions, displays, and dishwashers.
- Partnering with the Boys & Girls Club of America to build the Climate Superstars Challenge educational competition that taught kids ways to help the environment and featured ENERGY STAR.
- Delivering high-impact advertising and media events and expos, promoting the ENERGY STAR brand and products to generate more than 115 million impressions, including the “Improve Your Life and the Climate” campaign that ran in Times Square.
- Prominently and consistently promoting the ENERGY STAR brand digitally through its website, Samsung.com, its blog, TechLife, and through Samsung social media resulting in more than 3.6 million views.