Partner of the Year
Samsung Electronics, Co. (Samsung) is a global market leader in high-tech electronics manufacturing and digital media. Samsung is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Climate Communications recognition for its commitment to educating employees, leadership, stakeholders, and customers about energy efficiency and the impacts of climate change. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Developing a revised climate communications strategy, and identifying a climate communications objective, audience, and four main vehicles to deliver the climate communications strategy.
- Creating and running an advertisement in Times Square in New York City called “Improve Your Life and the Climate” to illustrate the impact that using energy efficient products can have on the climate, garnering more than 50 million impressions.
- Teaming up with Boys & Girls Clubs of America and ENERGY STAR to develop new, fun educational activities for youth to learn about energy efficiency and climate change.
- Contributing to three events on the ENERGY STAR Change the World Tour, which was all about community service and teaching local communities about the importance of energy efficiency and protecting the climate.
- Continuing its aggressive training program for sales force personnel and retailers to further educate consumers about the positive impact ENERGY STAR certified products have on the planet’s climate.
- Organizing a social media contest called Samsung Energy RockStar aimed at raising awareness about ENERGY STAR and protecting the climate. The contest generated 58,500 views, 1.3 million impressions and encouraged people to spread the word about environmentally-friendly tips and behaviors.