Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District (SRP) is the nation’s third-largest public power utility, serving one million customers. The utility has been committed to delivering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficiency programs to its customers for nearly a decade. SRP is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for substantial achievements in the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) programs. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the certification of nearly 5,500 ENERGY STAR certified homes, bringing the total number of homes certified through the program to more than 21,000 since 2012.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR certified homes program and label in a comprehensive marketing campaign including consumer brochures, billboards, digital media, and model home collateral material.
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR throughout SRP's portfolio of customer programs and marketing campaigns to educate nearly 1 million customers.
- Educating customers and offering discounts on a broad assortment of ENERGY STAR certified lamps with sales of more than 600,000 products and estaimated annual savings of 24 million kilowatt hours.
- Collaborating with other local organizations to offer HPwES, and improving the conversion rate for the HPwES program by nine percent compared to 2016, reaching a cumulative 50 percent conversion rate.